The use of narcotic substances causes intoxication and the strongest physical addiction, while their discontinuation, in turn, leads to a painful condition, called ‘withdrawal’. Our specialists will help you to end this deadlock.
What is withdrawal syndrome
To figure it out, let us define it. Thus, withdrawal syndrome (cold turkey, cessation of a substance dependence) is a sharp physiological and mental deterioration of a drug addict in case of discontinuation of psychoactive substances. The used chemicals penetrate into the vital metabolic processes (metabolism) and, once withdrawn, the body responses to their lack as to a threatening condition, causing specific symptoms and malfunctions.
Withdrawal syndrome may cause the following mental and physiological symptoms:
- Hallucinations, anxiety;
- Discoordination of movements, disbalance;
- Dilated pupils;
- Nausea, vomiting, gastrointestinal disturbances;
- Depression / overexcitation;
- Somatic joint / muscle pain;
- Convulsions, tremors of the limbs;
- Chills, sweating;
- Failures of the heart rhythm;
- Insomnia, obsessive thoughts.
In case you note any of the listed withdrawal symptoms, please do not hesitate to contact specialists. Severe withdrawal can cause cardiac arrest and death.
Urgent ELIMINATION OF DRUG WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS can save lives!
Methods we apply
Elimination of withdrawal symptoms (cold turkey) proceeds in several stages, in an integrated manner:
- Detoxification: elimination of psychoactive substances from the patient’s blood.
- Pain-relieving therapy: elimination of withdrawal symptoms with antispasmodics, anticonvulsants, pain relievers.
- Sedation therapy: elimination of anxiety states with sedatives and psychotropic drugs (low dosage), psychotherapeutic motivational sessions.
- Infusion therapy: restoration of the balance of essential vitamins and substances in the body by intravenous injections, support of internal organs with cardio- and hepatoprotectors.
- Medically (pharmacologically) induced coma: a longer but safer method of relieving drug withdrawal during medication sleep of the patient, when all the necessary processes and functions are controlled by specialists.
- Ultrarapid opioid detoxification (UROD) involves administration of opiate receptor blockers (naloxone, naltrexone) in the intensive care unit under anesthesia (1-3 days) under the supervision of an anesthesiologist. (Has contraindications).
Treatment of methadone withdrawal
Methadone withdrawal has its specifics and is harder and longer even than heroin one. It lasts up to 2 months and needs long-term cleansing and restorative therapy. After the acute phase of methadone withdrawal is relieved, the main stage follows: a rehabilitation therapy, which requires a simultaneous comprehensive approach.
Our doctors are highly-skilled and successfully experienced in the treatment of methadone withdrawal symptoms.
Elimination of withdrawal symptoms
All measures for the elimination of withdrawal symptoms begin after laboratory and diagnostic studies to clarify the type of drugs, the degree of addiction, and the state of the body.
Our doctors have sufficient skills and expertise, which guarantees painless, quick, and comfortable elimination of drug withdrawal.
Elimination of withdrawal symptoms is provided in compliance with international protocols using expert equipment.
Once an acute phase of withdrawal is relieved, the patient undergoes a course of sessions with a psychotherapist-narcologist, who motivates to continue treatment until complete recovery. Such psychotherapeutic support, as well as family psychotherapy is provided during the entire course of treatment.
Our clinic provides elimination of withdrawal syndrome and further treatment on a voluntary and inpatient basis only, which guarantees a total control over the patient’s condition and success of the recovery.
Our 4+★ accommodations facilitate a speedy elimination of withdrawal syndrome, complete discontinuation of drugs and recovery of the patient:
- Comfortable rooms: 1-3-bed rooms, VIP, Lux;
- Full board or dietary menu;
- 24-hour security and video surveillance;
- Massage, physiotherapy;
- Lounge zone for relaxation and communication, Wi-Fi, cable TV;
- Intensive care wards as per medical protocols.
The cost of elimination of withdrawal syndrome, as well as further treatment and recovery is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen and state at admission.
Easily make an appointment:
- fill in the form on our website at https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
- by e-mail email@example.com
- by phone +38-095 -550-85-25
Visit us at:
Medovaia Str., 10., Kalyna horticultural society, Hnedynska village council, Boryspil district, Kyiv region
If necessary, we provide transfer from Kyiv airports and train stations.
Elimination of withdrawal symptoms is an important first step to a happy life!
Prove yourself: a drug-free lifestyle is possible!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ketamine-assisted therapy in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Recently, doctors have successfully used Ketamine, an anesthetic with a pronounced analgesic effect, which has worked well in the treatment of mentally unstable conditions.
Drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The problem of drug addiction is growing more urgent every year in the world. The number of drug addicts is constantly increasing, so is the choice of drugs. Drug addiction is a dangerous medical and social problem that can lead to the most dire consequences. The disease can proceed in…
Treatment of alcohol abuse with coding
Coding for alcoholism means the use of various procedures and techniques that have an effect on the central nervous system of a person, under the influence of which the patient considers any kind of alcohol as poison, and thus develops an attitude towards a sober lifestyle.
A holistic approach as the most effective treatment for sleep disorders
Sleep disorder is a general term that includes problems falling asleep, interrupted sleep, and getting up early. Insomnia is considered a disease when its symptoms cause significant discomfort to the general condition of a person since for some people even three hours of sleep may be enough.