We often see outside young people frozen in one stance or sitting/lying sluggish with a glassy stare. All these are the consequences of the use of synthetic drugs – spice. This drug addiction has become widespread among young people due to its accessibility and affordability.
General information about spice
Spice is a smoking blend of dried plants impregnated with chemical psychoactive substances (synthetic cannabinoids). Plants selected for the blend have a psychotropic (hallucinogenic) effect.
Spice refers to the category of chemical, especially hard drugs. Treatment of spice addiction should begin as soon as possible once the drug use is discovered.
The synthetic origin of the smoking blend formulation carries a number of serious dangers, which, compared to other hard drugs, are underestimated.
Here are some of them:
- rapid intoxication, risk of overdose (inhalation of a chemical of unknown concentration);
- addiction after 1-2 times (especially in adolescents);
- difficult to diagnose (due to constantly changing chemical compositions);
- irreversible consequences of use;
- easily accessible (in one click).
The clinic develops treatment management for smoking spice based on its smoking history.
Signs and symptoms
Signs of smoking spice are quite varied. At the same time, once strange behavior, frequent coughing, pallor is noticed, it is a reason to consult with a specialist in narcology as soon as possible. Doctors strongly recommend being attentive to people at risk.
Here are some signs of the drug use that worth attention:
changes in behavior:
- anxiety, panic attacks;
- impaired coordination of movement;
- mumbled speech;
- distorted perception of time and space;
- nausea, vomiting;
- bloodshot eyes;
- dilated pupils;
- high blood pressure;
- rapid pulse;
- pale skin;
- loss of consciousness;
- respiratory arrest;
- blackouts, hallucinations, delusions;
- mental disorders.
- change of social environment;
- conflicts in the family;
- problems at school, work;
- erratic antisocial behavior.
In case of any suspicions, do not hesitate to contact a narcologist. Sometimes the severity of intoxication can be critical for a person’s life! Timely, and sometimes emergency reference to the clinic’s specialists will save the life of the addict and facilitate the treatment of spice addiction.
Consequences of use
Smoking synthetic drugs affects the brain, internal organs, and psyche.
Once the drug enters the body, it causes severe poisoning and affects every human organ, causing complications and irreversible processes.
Here are some disturbances in the functioning of the body systems from smoking spice:
- upper respiratory tract – cough, hoarseness, chronic diseases, cancer of the oral cavity, bronchi, lungs;
- brain – cell death, brain edema, disorders of the speech centers, coordination of movements, memory, consciousness, fainting;
- cardiovascular system – heart palpitations, high blood pressure, changes in the structure of the heart muscle;
- digestive system – nausea, vomiting, liver and kidney failure;
- psyche – the development of addiction, panic attacks, visual and tactile hallucinations, schizophrenia, psychosis, paranoia, delirium, suicidal tendencies, negligent suicide;
- reproductive system – infertility, impotence, hormonal changes.
Hair and teeth loss is observed in some cases.
After the offset of action, the addict experiences the strongest spice withdrawal, turning into mental imbalance, painful sensations throughout the body.
The body of a drug addict, especially if it is a still developing organism, undergoes rapid destruction. Severe intoxication can lead to loss of consciousness, coma, and death. The situation calls for rapid response. Relatives need to urgently seek professional assistance in a clinic for spice addicted.
Types and methods of treatment
Treatment methods include detoxification, restoration of the patient’s mental health, and elimination of the consequences of spice smoking:
- invasive and metabolic therapy (during detoxification);
- drug and physiotherapy therapy (restoration of physiological functions of the body);
- psychotherapy (accompanying the patient at all stages of treatment).
Additional diagnostics and treatment are provided in the presence of concomitant diseases.
Stages of treatment in MedicoMente
An effective drug addiction treatment starts with motivation. The persons closest to the patient can also receive psychological counseling.
Our clinic in Kyiv, MedicoMente, provides treatment of spice addiction!
Our specialists develop an individual spice addiction treatment management for each case. Therapy is provided in-patient only, which guarantees control of recovery.
The stages of treatment include:
- Aversive therapy;
- Ibogaine therapy;
- Additional therapy (optional);
- Implant (optional).
The therapy plan considers the gender, age of the patient, his/her general condition, the severity of addiction, and spice smoking history.
Our practitioners accompany the patient from the emergency inpatient detoxification to a sustainable result leading to a complete cure.
We apply our licensed original techniques, international guidelines, and an individualized approach.
Our clinic offers the most comfortable conditions (4+＊hotel).
- 24h supervision of specialists;
- Confidentiality, security;
- Treatment of concomitant diseases;
- A large medical staff (with over 10 years of experience and international internship);
- Modern equipment meeting the criteria of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- Transfer from the railway station and airports in Kyiv.
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
See our full price list of clinic’s services at https://medicomente.com/price-page/.
Making an appointment is quite simple:
- by phone+380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email email@example.com or
- fill in the form https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
Narcologist consultations in Kyiv, at:
08340, Ukraine, Kyiv region, Boryspil district, Hnedynska village council, Kalyna horticultural society, Medovaia Str., 10.
We support you with a focus on result!
Don’t fight a lone hand. We will help you quit smoking. Please, contact us!
Patient reviews on drug addiction treatment
Alcohol addiction treatment methods
Treatment of alcohol addiction is effective when provided comprehensively. The comprehensive program includes psychological motivation, detoxification, complete laboratory and diagnostic examination of organs and systems, stabilization and restoration of body functions, drug and physiotherapy recovery, supportive therapy, adaptation and socialization of the patient.
VIP service in the treatment of drug addiction, alcoholism, gambling addiction and other addictions in the clinic “MedicoMente” (Kiev)
Treatment of alcohol and drug addiction in any circumstances requires a special approach and attention. Our clinic provides high-quality treatment and use an individual approach to patients, without exception. However, our clients may also enjoy exclusive services.
Inpatient alcohol addiction treatment
Alcoholism (uncontrollable addiction to alcohol-containing drinks), like any addiction, is most effectively treated in a hospital. Narcologists of MedicoMente, using the knowledge of modern techniques, diagnostics, and round-the-clock monitoring, can provide real and stable results in a hospital setting.
Treatment of beer alcoholism
The history of drinking beer has long and tangled roots. The low alcohol content of beer gives an imaginary sense of security, and obtrusive advertising, price, and culture of drinking this drink (meetings over a bottle of “beer”, picnics, watching TV programs) aggravate the problem, driving a person to beer…