Detoxification is carried out in a hospital, after identifying the substance (rapid testing for the content of narcotic substances and alcohol in the blood), which caused addiction and poisoning of the body. This stage is mandatory for any type of further treatment of the patient.
There are different detox methods: the use of medications, infusion solutions, extracorporeal blood purification (plasmapheresis, hemosorption), etc.
The intensity and duration of detoxification are affected by:
- the type of substance used;
- duration of administration and dose;
- method of use;
- the presence or absence of concomitant pathologies.
The key task of the procedure is to detox the body of psychoactive substances and toxins formed as a result of metabolic processes and to prevent the development of withdrawal symptoms or withdrawal symptoms. As a result of the latter, the patient develops a serious condition, which prevents the refusal from the next intake of alcohol, drugs, and other psychoactive drugs.
The stage of mental dependence of an inhalant addict, drug addict, or alcoholic is discomfort, accompanied by a state of anxiety, depression, melancholy. The physical form of dependence implies serious changes in the functioning of internal organs and their systems.
Abstinence syndrome is a set of physical and mental disorders. Its symptoms are:
- cramps and muscle pain;
- gastrointestinal disorders, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting;
- changes in blood pressure, heart rate, etc.
Without qualified medical care, at home, this period can last up to 4-5 weeks. In some cases, severe dysfunction of the heart and respiratory system can result in death.
Any psychoactive substance, regardless of its type and type, in the case of prolonged use, affects all metabolic processes of the body at the level of biochemical reactions and the activity of the nervous system. In the case of self-withdrawal, this period may last more than one month.
Detoxification in MedicoMente takes a minimum of time. The type of procedure is selected individually for each patient.
- Mitigation of acute alcohol disorders
Infusion therapy with the mandatory introduction of anticonvulsants, hypnotics, sedatives is carried out to reduce anxiety and fear (Diazepam and the like).
To eliminate the effects of dehydration, it is necessary to enrich the body with magnesium, potassium, and liquid. To normalize sleep and restore vitamin balance, vitamins are administered.
Hepatoprotectors are prescribed to restore and protect liver function, as well as neurometabolic therapy as prevention and treatment of encephalopathy
- Body detoxification
Combination detoxification is performed with the use of antipsychotics, antispasmodics, anticonvulsants, sedatives, painkillers, and psychotropic drugs (in a small dosage). At the same time, the MedicoMente doctors take into account any concomitant diseases, the degree of damage to internal organs, sleep problems, and other disorders.
- Ultrafast opioid detoxification
UFOD (ultrafast opioid detoxification) is carried out in a period of 1 to 3 days.
The anesthetized patient is administered opiate receptor blockers (naltrexone, naloxone). This method of treatment allows for disorders of the autonomic nervous, cardiovascular and respiratory systems. The procedure is carried out under the supervision of an anesthetist in the intensive care unit.
- Pharmacological (medication) sleep
Medication or pharmacological sleep is a safe but longer-lasting way to eliminate opiate addiction (gentle recovery). Withdrawal syndrome occurs during the artificial sleep of the patient. All vital functions are monitored by specialists. After the patient wakes up, he will undergo psychocorrection and other procedures to completely restore the body.
Indications and contraindications to intensive detoxification
A prerequisite for detoxification is a comprehensive diagnosis and examination of the patient, which includes:
- examination by a general practitioner and psychiatrist;
- blood and urine tests for drugs;
- complete blood count and common urine analysis;
- blood and urine chemistry;
- tests for the presence of specific markers of HIV, hepatitis, and other infections in the blood;
- ECG (electrocardiogram);
- fluoroscopy of the lungs;
- ultrasound of the abdominal organs.
Detoxification is delayed in the case of:
- vascular pathologies, in particular, thrombosis;
- acute infectious processes;
- anemia (low hemoglobin level).
In the case of any contraindications diagnosed, they are first eliminated. Detoxification is possible after the improvement of the patient’s condition according to the results of re-examination.
- All stages of the examination, including instrumental diagnosis and tests in one place.
- Detoxification only after a comprehensive examination of the patient and medical opinion. A treatment plan is prepared for each patient subject to his current condition.
- Procedures aimed at the complete cleansing of the body of toxic and psychotropic drugs in the intensive care unit under the supervision of an intensive care anesthetist.
- Doctors take all measures to avoid “sick”, discomfort, soreness, mental disorders and other unpleasant phenomena that accompany the process of withdrawal.
- Only original medications for the detox. The procedure is carried out in accordance with international protocols. Intensive care units have expert equipment. the center provides a comfortable environment for a complete recovery.
- The doctors of the center have completed special training and internships in the best clinics in Europe. Specialists have licenses and certificates.
- The second stage after detox is a comprehensive treatment, in particular, psychotherapy and recovery.
For help in MedicoMente contact by phone on our website.
Never put the important decision for tomorrow – change your life for the better right now!