The key stages of work with the patient
- Free initial consultation. A friendly conversation with the patients and/or their relatives. We identify major problems and offer solutions. We draw up a treatment regimen and discuss its period in our center.
- The initial visit and comprehensive diagnostic: laboratory tests, tests for narcotic substances and alcohol, instrumental studies (ultrasound, electrocardiography), an examination by a general practitioner and related specialists (cardiologist, neurologist, gastroenterologist, and others), if necessary. In the case of any concomitant diseases or dysfunctions, the treatment regimen may be reviewed and supplemented.
- Detoxification is a mandatory step conducted in a hospital. Depending on a toxic substance, the optimal method is chosen. For example, the method of choice for opioid addiction is ultrafast opium detoxification (UFOD).
- The main treatment – the type of addiction determines the sequence of different stages: infusion and pharmacological therapy, aversive therapy, psychotherapy, ibogaine therapy, and implant. Only combination therapy has a maximum effect.
- Maintenance therapy (outpatient stage) – active care throughout the year. Monthly personal and remote consultations, treatment monitoring. If necessary, care outside the usual environment is possible. Monitoring continues after a complete cure.
The center deals with the following types of addiction
Quality and efficiency
All procedures are carried out in accordance with international protocols and using original medicinal products. All doctors have studied in European clinics. Intensive care wards are equipped in accordance with the requirements of emergency care and anesthetic management.
Service and privacy
Our wards are equipped with comfortable furniture. Restaurant food is delivered to the clinic. Modern equipment and sterility is the only thing that can remind the patient he is in the medical center. The staff signs a non-disclosure agreement, and the outgoing documents are encrypted.
In addition to health safety, we also make sure that our center is guarded around the clock. For this, all public places have CCTV cameras. Our partners are two security companies; they monitor and control the center 24 hours a day.
Complete medical examination
The staff includes various doctors. The clinic is equipped with modern equipment for the treatment and diagnosis of both underlying and concomitant diseases. If necessary, we can call any specialist. Tests are performed by a trusted partner laboratory.
The center attracts foreign patients with the quality and price of services. They already know they will receive qualified help here, often in their native language, and will return home a completely different person. In addition to Ukrainian and Russian, doctors speak foreign languages so that guests from abroad feel at home. For our guests we offer a transfer and, if desired, an entertainment program.
Once discharged, our patients do not go out the drain. Throughout the year, we actively work, visit them at least 1-2 times a month, support and assist in solving the difficulties encountered. If necessary, the patient can change his place of residence and environment under our guidance and under guard.
Methods for treating addiction in MedicoMente
Each of the methods works effectively if there are indications for its use, control, and correct adherence to all the doctor’s recommendations. However, the main driving factor was and remains the patient’s motivation to cleanse himself and become a healthy person. Our task is to support this decision and do everything possible to maintain mindfulness during the entire treatment and recovery.
- Motivation is the main task and art of our specialists.
- Detoxification – a mandatory cleansing of the body of toxins and their decay products for further treatment.
- Psychotherapy, including hypnotic techniques, accompanies the patient throughout the treatment and continues on an outpatient basis.
- Aversive therapy is one of the types of behavioral therapy, which is based on the formation of aversion to those types of addiction that bring pleasure (drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc.).
- Ibogaine therapy – treatment of mental addiction to narcotic and medicinal substances, alcohol, gambling, and depression at the subconscious level.
- Implant – a persistent and confident result in the treatment of alcohol and drug addiction.
So say all the addicts:
“All you need is to timely give up”.
And no one has succeeded yet.