Alcohol detoxification includes the following activities:
- neutralization and elimination of alcohols and their decomposition products;
- elimination of exogenous alcohol and toxins;
- relief of withdrawal symptoms;
- prevention of alcoholic delirium.
Alcohol poisoning always requires detoxification, but some cases are extremely urgent.
The following symptoms require urgent qualified medical care:
- loss of consciousness, unconsciousness (stupor, coma);
- nausea, retching, vomiting;
- muscle fasciculations (twitching);
- convulsions, epileptic seizures;
- respiratory disorder or failure;
- unstable hemodynamics: heart rate, blood pressure;
- pale skin, rashes, hematomas;
- impaired vision: double vision, decreased convergence, other disorders;
- hallucinations and/or psychosis.
Alcohol detoxification methods
Detoxification is accompanied by a complete diagnosis of organs and systems of the body:
- hormonal and humoral regulation;
- higher nervous activity.
Laboratory tests and studies required:
- Complete blood count;
- Liver and kidney tests;
- Amylases and blood sugar;
- Ionic blood composition;
- Rheumatic tests and specific inflammation markers;
- Blood hormones;
- Viral hepatitis, HIV and/or other infectious diseases, if necessary.
These data often determine the further detoxification program and the stabilization of the vital functions of the body, the applied methods and a set of measures:
- specific sorbents;
- infusion solutions;
- pharmacological drugs;
- extracorporeal methods (plasmapheresis, hemosorption);
- electro-neuro-cranio stimulation and modulation;
- physiotherapy treatments;
- other methods.
Our doctors will make sure your detoxification as comfortable and as short as possible.
- Mitigation of acute alcoholic disorders – the use of sedatives, anticonvulsants, anti-anxiety, psychostabilizing, and sleeping drugs to reduce anxiety and fear.
- Enrichment of the body with vitamins, ions of magnesium, potassium, calcium, liquid to eliminate dehydration and normalize the general condition of the body.
- The use of specific hepatoprotectors to stabilize and further restore the liver.
- Neurometabolic, nootropic, and vascular drugs to restore brain function.
- Integrated detoxification of the body from alcohol, with due regard to the concomitant diseases and the general condition of the patient.
Alcohol detoxification at MedicoMente (Kyiv)
Alcohol detoxification has several stages:
- taking a primary history and diagnosis of the state of the body at admission (analyses, alcohol tests, ultrasound, ECG);
- cleansing the body of toxins and metabolites in the intensive care unit, under the intensivist’s round-the-clock dynamic supervision with the use of expert equipment;
- stabilization and restoration of the patient’s condition using original techniques and medications;
- preparation of the patient for the combination treatment of alcohol addiction.
After alcohol detoxification and stabilization, the patient is offered to undergo a full course of treatment under the close narcologic, psychiatric, and psychotherapeutic supervision to identify the causes of alcoholism and motivate a person for getting rid of addiction. The patient and his/her family are assisted throughout the course of treatment.
Our clinic provides treatment on a voluntary basis only! Alcohol detoxification and therapy are carried out exclusively in a specialized hospital, which guarantees the control over and success of the recovery.
The clinic offers the most comfortable accommodation (4+＊hotel):
- 1-3-bed, luxury and VIP rooms.
- Full board, and if necessary – dietary nutrition.
- 24-hour security and surveillance.
- Strict confidentiality.
- Massage, physiotherapy.
- Lounge zone for relaxation and communication, Wi-Fi, cable TV.
- Sport and fitness gym.
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
Making an appointment is quite simple:
- by phone +38-095 -550-85-25
- by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill in the form at https: https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
Visit us at:
If necessary, we provide transfer from Kyiv airports and train stations.
Just be sure we are pursuing the same goal – a sober and healthy life!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ketamine-assisted therapy in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Recently, doctors have successfully used Ketamine, an anesthetic with a pronounced analgesic effect, which has worked well in the treatment of mentally unstable conditions.
Drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The problem of drug addiction is growing more urgent every year in the world. The number of drug addicts is constantly increasing, so is the choice of drugs. Drug addiction is a dangerous medical and social problem that can lead to the most dire consequences. The disease can proceed in…
Treatment of alcohol abuse with coding
Coding for alcoholism means the use of various procedures and techniques that have an effect on the central nervous system of a person, under the influence of which the patient considers any kind of alcohol as poison, and thus develops an attitude towards a sober lifestyle.
A holistic approach as the most effective treatment for sleep disorders
Sleep disorder is a general term that includes problems falling asleep, interrupted sleep, and getting up early. Insomnia is considered a disease when its symptoms cause significant discomfort to the general condition of a person since for some people even three hours of sleep may be enough.