Alcohol detoxification includes the following activities:
- neutralization and elimination of alcohols and their decomposition products;
- elimination of exogenous alcohol and toxins;
- relief of withdrawal symptoms;
- prevention of alcoholic delirium.
Alcohol poisoning always requires detoxification, but some cases are extremely urgent.
The following symptoms require urgent qualified medical care:
- loss of consciousness, unconsciousness (stupor, coma);
- nausea, retching, vomiting;
- muscle fasciculations (twitching);
- convulsions, epileptic seizures;
- respiratory disorder or failure;
- unstable hemodynamics: heart rate, blood pressure;
- pale skin, rashes, hematomas;
- impaired vision: double vision, decreased convergence, other disorders;
- hallucinations and/or psychosis.
Alcohol detoxification methods
Detoxification is accompanied by a complete diagnosis of organs and systems of the body:
- hormonal and humoral regulation;
- higher nervous activity.
Laboratory tests and studies required:
- Complete blood count;
- Liver and kidney tests;
- Amylases and blood sugar;
- Ionic blood composition;
- Rheumatic tests and specific inflammation markers;
- Blood hormones;
- Viral hepatitis, HIV and/or other infectious diseases, if necessary.
These data often determine the further detoxification program and the stabilization of the vital functions of the body, the applied methods and a set of measures:
- specific sorbents;
- infusion solutions;
- pharmacological drugs;
- extracorporeal methods (plasmapheresis, hemosorption);
- electro-neuro-cranio stimulation and modulation;
- physiotherapy treatments;
- other methods.
Our doctors will make sure your detoxification as comfortable and as short as possible.
- Mitigation of acute alcoholic disorders – the use of sedatives, anticonvulsants, anti-anxiety, psychostabilizing, and sleeping drugs to reduce anxiety and fear.
- Enrichment of the body with vitamins, ions of magnesium, potassium, calcium, liquid to eliminate dehydration and normalize the general condition of the body.
- The use of specific hepatoprotectors to stabilize and further restore the liver.
- Neurometabolic, nootropic, and vascular drugs to restore brain function.
- Integrated detoxification of the body from alcohol, with due regard to the concomitant diseases and the general condition of the patient.
Alcohol detoxification at MedicoMente (Kyiv)
Alcohol detoxification has several stages:
- taking a primary history and diagnosis of the state of the body at admission (analyses, alcohol tests, ultrasound, ECG);
- cleansing the body of toxins and metabolites in the intensive care unit, under the intensivist’s round-the-clock dynamic supervision with the use of expert equipment;
- stabilization and restoration of the patient’s condition using original techniques and medications;
- preparation of the patient for the combination treatment of alcohol addiction.
After alcohol detoxification and stabilization, the patient is offered to undergo a full course of treatment under the close narcologic, psychiatric, and psychotherapeutic supervision to identify the causes of alcoholism and motivate a person for getting rid of addiction. The patient and his/her family are assisted throughout the course of treatment.
Our clinic provides treatment on a voluntary basis only! Alcohol detoxification and therapy are carried out exclusively in a specialized hospital, which guarantees the control over and success of the recovery.
The clinic offers the most comfortable accommodation (4+＊hotel):
- 1-3-bed, luxury and VIP rooms.
- Full board, and if necessary – dietary nutrition.
- 24-hour security and surveillance.
- Strict confidentiality.
- Massage, physiotherapy.
- Lounge zone for relaxation and communication, Wi-Fi, cable TV.
- Sport and fitness gym.
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
Making an appointment is quite simple:
- by phone +38-095 -550-85-25
- by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill in the form at https: https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
Visit us at:
If necessary, we provide transfer from Kyiv airports and train stations.
Just be sure we are pursuing the same goal – a sober and healthy life!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Benzodiazepine addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Benzodiazepines are one of the most commonly prescribed drugs with sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic effects. They reduce the activity of neurons by a pronounced sedative effect.
Drug addiction treatment in Kharkiv or how MedicoMente helps patients from Kharkiv!
For several years now, patients from Kyiv, as well as from Kharkiv and other cities of Ukraine have been trusting us with their treatment and we help them to successfully cope with drug addiction.
Opioid addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Opiates have been known to mankind for a long time. They are used as sedatives and anesthetics. But, due to complications and rapid addiction, this group of drugs has been classified as hard drugs, and their use in medicine is under strict indications and control. Our center successfully and promptly…
Coding for alcohol abuse (alcohol abuse treatment) in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Coding for alcohol addiction is now the most common method that is used to consolidate a stable result of inpatient treatment, and as an independent method to treat those who actively abuse alcohol. Thanks to the use of modern drugs and methods of their administration, it is one of the…