Diagnosing drug addiction is crucial and fundamental for the objective assessment of the patient’s body and the treatment prescription.
Our clinic can identify opiates, psychedelics, solvents, marijuana, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, and all other types of drugs. We use proven diagnostics that provide fast results.
Methods of diagnosis
Drug addiction is diagnosed by clinical, paraclinical, genetic examination of the patient, laboratory tests of biological material, and screening of drug use.
Signs of drug addiction
At the initial stage of drug use, the signs may be undistinguished and quite similar to the usual mood swings or mild illness. But, such constant or systemic unusual behavior is a reason to sound the alarm. Doctors strongly recommend being attentive to people at risk.
Here are some common signs of drug use that worth attention:
changes in behavior:
- mental imbalance,
- drowsiness, apathy,
- isolation, suicidal tendencies,
- disinterest in the world around;
- poor photoreaction of pupils (dilated/narrowed),
- bloodshot eyes, swollen eyelids,
- retarded movements,
- weight loss, loss of appetite,
- needle marks, unusual spots on the body,
- chemical breath,
- rash or redness around the nose/mouth,
- blackouts, hallucinations;
- change of social environment,
- conflicts in the family,
- problems at school, work;
- property and car theft,
- robberies, murders;
- AIDS, hepatitis B and C,
- infectious and venereal diseases,
- mental disorders,
- gastrointestinal problems, etc.
A variety of narcotic drugs carries various types of body reactions, symptoms of intoxication, personality disorders, concomitant diseases.
In case of any suspicions, do not hesitate to contact a narcologist. A professional consultation will dispel your suspicions or facilitate and help the patient to break his/her habit.
Diagnosis of drug addiction in MedicoMente, Kyiv
Free initial consultation.
During the first visit, a psychotherapist-narcologist will talk with the patient and/or his/her relatives to take a history of:
- past diseases, surgical interventions, traumas, heredity, family environment, character traits, etc.;
- becoming a drug-addicted, the nature and dynamics of drug use, identification of the causes of drug craving, previous therapy and its results, relapses, etc.
The initial visit and comprehensive examination for diagnosing the state of the body:
- physical examination,
- laboratory tests of biological material,
- instrumental studies (ultrasound, electrocardiography),
- if necessary, an examination by related specialists (cardiologist, neurologist, gastroenterologist, etc.).
In case of any concomitant diseases or dysfunctions detected, the treatment regimen is subject to review.
Diagnosis of drug use
- clinical and chemical urine/blood tests,
- emergency tests in case of acute intoxication.
- ultrasound examination,
Narcotic substance tests.
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ketamine-assisted therapy in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Recently, doctors have successfully used Ketamine, an anesthetic with a pronounced analgesic effect, which has worked well in the treatment of mentally unstable conditions.
Drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The problem of drug addiction is growing more urgent every year in the world. The number of drug addicts is constantly increasing, so is the choice of drugs. Drug addiction is a dangerous medical and social problem that can lead to the most dire consequences. The disease can proceed in…
Treatment of alcohol abuse with coding
Coding for alcoholism means the use of various procedures and techniques that have an effect on the central nervous system of a person, under the influence of which the patient considers any kind of alcohol as poison, and thus develops an attitude towards a sober lifestyle.
A holistic approach as the most effective treatment for sleep disorders
Sleep disorder is a general term that includes problems falling asleep, interrupted sleep, and getting up early. Insomnia is considered a disease when its symptoms cause significant discomfort to the general condition of a person since for some people even three hours of sleep may be enough.