Diagnosing drug addiction is crucial and fundamental for the objective assessment of the patient’s body and the treatment prescription.
Our clinic can identify opiates, psychedelics, solvents, marijuana, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, and all other types of drugs. We use proven diagnostics that provide fast results.
Methods of diagnosis
Drug addiction is diagnosed by clinical, paraclinical, genetic examination of the patient, laboratory tests of biological material, and screening of drug use.
Signs of drug addiction
At the initial stage of drug use, the signs may be undistinguished and quite similar to the usual mood swings or mild illness. But, such constant or systemic unusual behavior is a reason to sound the alarm. Doctors strongly recommend being attentive to people at risk.
Here are some common signs of drug use that worth attention:
changes in behavior:
- mental imbalance,
- drowsiness, apathy,
- isolation, suicidal tendencies,
- disinterest in the world around;
- poor photoreaction of pupils (dilated/narrowed),
- bloodshot eyes, swollen eyelids,
- retarded movements,
- weight loss, loss of appetite,
- needle marks, unusual spots on the body,
- chemical breath,
- rash or redness around the nose/mouth,
- blackouts, hallucinations;
- change of social environment,
- conflicts in the family,
- problems at school, work;
- property and car theft,
- robberies, murders;
- AIDS, hepatitis B and C,
- infectious and venereal diseases,
- mental disorders,
- gastrointestinal problems, etc.
A variety of narcotic drugs carries various types of body reactions, symptoms of intoxication, personality disorders, concomitant diseases.
In case of any suspicions, do not hesitate to contact a narcologist. A professional consultation will dispel your suspicions or facilitate and help the patient to break his/her habit.
Diagnosis of drug addiction in MedicoMente, Kyiv
Free initial consultation.
During the first visit, a psychotherapist-narcologist will talk with the patient and/or his/her relatives to take a history of:
- past diseases, surgical interventions, traumas, heredity, family environment, character traits, etc.;
- becoming a drug-addicted, the nature and dynamics of drug use, identification of the causes of drug craving, previous therapy and its results, relapses, etc.
The initial visit and comprehensive examination for diagnosing the state of the body:
- physical examination,
- laboratory tests of biological material,
- instrumental studies (ultrasound, electrocardiography),
- if necessary, an examination by related specialists (cardiologist, neurologist, gastroenterologist, etc.).
In case of any concomitant diseases or dysfunctions detected, the treatment regimen is subject to review.
Diagnosis of drug use
- clinical and chemical urine/blood tests,
- emergency tests in case of acute intoxication.
- ultrasound examination,
Narcotic substance tests.
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Benzodiazepine addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Benzodiazepines are one of the most commonly prescribed drugs with sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic effects. They reduce the activity of neurons by a pronounced sedative effect.
Drug addiction treatment in Kharkiv or how MedicoMente helps patients from Kharkiv!
For several years now, patients from Kyiv, as well as from Kharkiv and other cities of Ukraine have been trusting us with their treatment and we help them to successfully cope with drug addiction.
Opioid addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Opiates have been known to mankind for a long time. They are used as sedatives and anesthetics. But, due to complications and rapid addiction, this group of drugs has been classified as hard drugs, and their use in medicine is under strict indications and control. Our center successfully and promptly…
Coding for alcohol abuse (alcohol abuse treatment) in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Coding for alcohol addiction is now the most common method that is used to consolidate a stable result of inpatient treatment, and as an independent method to treat those who actively abuse alcohol. Thanks to the use of modern drugs and methods of their administration, it is one of the…