Narcotic drug detoxification is an important and required stage of treatment of drug addicted patients, as it ensures cleansing of the body of toxins, elimination of withdrawal symptoms, elimination and neutralization of the degradation products of psychoactive substances.
Detoxification is urgent in drug intoxication
Narcotic substances cause severe poisoning and their overdose can bring the human body to borderline; thus, detoxification is needed urgently.
Please take urgent steps in case you notice any of the following signs:
- loss of consciousness;
- lack of response to external stimuli;
- respiratory arrest.
In addition to acute conditions, detoxification is also required in withdrawal symptoms (‘cold turkey’), cessation of a substance dependence.
Purposes and duration of drug detoxification
Detoxification is aimed at overcoming the physiological dependence on drugs of any origin.
Purposes of detoxification:
- cleansing of the body of psychoactive substances and their derivatives;
- elimination of withdrawal symptoms;
- restoration of the functions of drug-affected organs and systems;
- recovery and normalization of metabolic and immune systems.
Appropriate detoxification accelerates and facilitates the main stage of drug addiction treatment, helps to quickly achieve positive results in the psychotherapeutic treatment.
The duration of drug detoxification depends on:
- the type of drugs;
- length and method of use;
- the degree of addiction;
- age, gender;
- general state at admission.
Drug detoxification methods
Before the detoxification, our patients undergo laboratory tests to determine the type of drugs, the state of internal organs, the degree of dependence and the body’s susceptibility to medications. These data determine the method of drug detoxification.
Our doctors ensure comfortable, painless, effective, and high-level drug detoxification.
Methods we apply:
- Integrated detoxification (treatment with the use of antispasmodic, sedative, anticonvulsant, analgesic, and psychotropic medications) cleanses the body and strengthens it with vitamins, restorative complexes, and hepatoprotectors;
- Medically (pharmacologically) induced coma (a safe method of prolonged action during which all treatment measures take place under the supervision of the clinic’s specialists) frees the patient from feeling withdrawal and other unpleasant conditions.
- Ultrarapid opioid detoxification (UROD) / (provided in the intensive care unit under anesthesia for 1-3 days) – opiate receptor blockers (naloxone, naltrexone) are administered into the body under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
Optional measures upon recommendations:
- hardware blood filtration (plasmapheresis);
- metabolic therapy;
- sedative therapy.
Detoxification from opiate drugs is provided in compliance with international protocols using expert equipment.
After drug detoxification, the patient undergoes a course of sessions with a psychotherapist-narcologist, who motivates to continue treatment until complete recovery. Such support, as well as family psychotherapy is provided during the entire course of treatment.
Our clinic provides drug detoxification and treatment on a voluntary and inpatient basis only, which guarantees a total control over the patient’s condition and success of the recovery.
Detoxification has the following contraindications:
- epilepsy, stroke;
- pathologies and diseases of the heart, kidneys, liver;
- mental disorders;
- special recommendations and supervision for children/adolescents.
Please note that a skilled narcologist adjusts all therapy and restrictions under constant monitoring of the patient’s condition (tests, ECG, ultrasound).
Our 4+★ accommodations facilitate a speedy detoxification and a complete recovery from drugs:
- Comfortable rooms: 1-3-bed rooms, VIP, Lux.
- Full board or dietary menu.
- Strict confidentiality.
- Physiotherapy, massages.
- 24-hour security and video surveillance.
- Massage, physiotherapy.
- Lounge zone for relaxation and communication, Wi-Fi, cable TV.
The cost of drug detoxification, further treatment and recovery is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list. Treatment regimen and state at admission also affect the total cost.
Easily make an appointment:
- fill in the form on our website at https://medicomente.com/kontakty/ or
- by e-mail email@example.com or
- by phone +38-095 -550-85-25
If necessary, we provide transfer from Kyiv airports and train stations.
Let’s solve your problem together
because you and your health are unique!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ibogaine therapy for drug addiction in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Ibogaine therapy is recognized as an effective alternative treatment for drug addiction. An alkaloid isolated from the bark of the iboga root acts on serotonin and opioid receptors, reduces their sensitivity and blocks the onset of euphoria. The psychedelic effect of the drug allows the addict to realize his/her problem,…
Implants for drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Drug addiction is one of the major and still aggravating problems. Drugs affect both physical and mental health, which leads to personality degradation and physical disability. One of the most effective solutions to this problem is drug implants, which are used as part of a combination therapy of drug addiction…
Psychostimulant addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The fast pace of modern life, stress and general dissatisfaction push people to search for various stimulants. Some are addicted to smoking blends, others drink heavily, and still others choose psychostimulants. This does not bring the expected result but even more drags the person into the whirlpool of problems.
Antidepressant addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Antidepressants are psychotropic medications that normalize the functioning of the mental and nervous systems. They act on neurotransmitters, reduce the severity of depressive symptoms, and improve cognitive skills. Some of them have pronounced analgesic effects.