Narcotic drug detoxification is an important and required stage of treatment of drug addicted patients, as it ensures cleansing of the body of toxins, elimination of withdrawal symptoms, elimination and neutralization of the degradation products of psychoactive substances.
Detoxification is urgent in drug intoxication
Narcotic substances cause severe poisoning and their overdose can bring the human body to borderline; thus, detoxification is needed urgently.
Please take urgent steps in case you notice any of the following signs:
- loss of consciousness;
- lack of response to external stimuli;
- respiratory arrest.
In addition to acute conditions, detoxification is also required in withdrawal symptoms (‘cold turkey’), cessation of a substance dependence.
Purposes and duration of drug detoxification
Detoxification is aimed at overcoming the physiological dependence on drugs of any origin.
Purposes of detoxification:
- cleansing of the body of psychoactive substances and their derivatives;
- elimination of withdrawal symptoms;
- restoration of the functions of drug-affected organs and systems;
- recovery and normalization of metabolic and immune systems.
Appropriate detoxification accelerates and facilitates the main stage of drug addiction treatment, helps to quickly achieve positive results in the psychotherapeutic treatment.
The duration of drug detoxification depends on:
- the type of drugs;
- length and method of use;
- the degree of addiction;
- age, gender;
- general state at admission.
Drug detoxification methods
Before the detoxification, our patients undergo laboratory tests to determine the type of drugs, the state of internal organs, the degree of dependence and the body’s susceptibility to medications. These data determine the method of drug detoxification.
Our doctors ensure comfortable, painless, effective, and high-level drug detoxification.
Methods we apply:
- Integrated detoxification (treatment with the use of antispasmodic, sedative, anticonvulsant, analgesic, and psychotropic medications) cleanses the body and strengthens it with vitamins, restorative complexes, and hepatoprotectors;
- Medically (pharmacologically) induced coma (a safe method of prolonged action during which all treatment measures take place under the supervision of the clinic’s specialists) frees the patient from feeling withdrawal and other unpleasant conditions.
- Ultrarapid opioid detoxification (UROD) / (provided in the intensive care unit under anesthesia for 1-3 days) – opiate receptor blockers (naloxone, naltrexone) are administered into the body under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
Optional measures upon recommendations:
- hardware blood filtration (plasmapheresis);
- metabolic therapy;
- sedative therapy.
Detoxification from opiate drugs is provided in compliance with international protocols using expert equipment.
After drug detoxification, the patient undergoes a course of sessions with a psychotherapist-narcologist, who motivates to continue treatment until complete recovery. Such support, as well as family psychotherapy is provided during the entire course of treatment.
Our clinic provides drug detoxification and treatment on a voluntary and inpatient basis only, which guarantees a total control over the patient’s condition and success of the recovery.
Detoxification has the following contraindications:
- epilepsy, stroke;
- pathologies and diseases of the heart, kidneys, liver;
- mental disorders;
- special recommendations and supervision for children/adolescents.
Please note that a skilled narcologist adjusts all therapy and restrictions under constant monitoring of the patient’s condition (tests, ECG, ultrasound).
Our 4+★ accommodations facilitate a speedy detoxification and a complete recovery from drugs:
- Comfortable rooms: 1-3-bed rooms, VIP, Lux.
- Full board or dietary menu.
- Strict confidentiality.
- Physiotherapy, massages.
- 24-hour security and video surveillance.
- Massage, physiotherapy.
- Lounge zone for relaxation and communication, Wi-Fi, cable TV.
The cost of drug detoxification, further treatment and recovery is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list. Treatment regimen and state at admission also affect the total cost.
Easily make an appointment:
- fill in the form on our website at https://medicomente.com/kontakty/ or
- by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by phone +38-095 -550-85-25
Visit us at:
Medovaia Str., 10., Kalyna horticultural society, Hnedynska village council, Boryspil district, Kyiv region
If necessary, we provide transfer from Kyiv airports and train stations.
Let’s solve your problem together
because you and your health are unique!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ketamine-assisted therapy in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Recently, doctors have successfully used Ketamine, an anesthetic with a pronounced analgesic effect, which has worked well in the treatment of mentally unstable conditions.
Drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The problem of drug addiction is growing more urgent every year in the world. The number of drug addicts is constantly increasing, so is the choice of drugs. Drug addiction is a dangerous medical and social problem that can lead to the most dire consequences. The disease can proceed in…
Treatment of alcohol abuse with coding
Coding for alcoholism means the use of various procedures and techniques that have an effect on the central nervous system of a person, under the influence of which the patient considers any kind of alcohol as poison, and thus develops an attitude towards a sober lifestyle.
A holistic approach as the most effective treatment for sleep disorders
Sleep disorder is a general term that includes problems falling asleep, interrupted sleep, and getting up early. Insomnia is considered a disease when its symptoms cause significant discomfort to the general condition of a person since for some people even three hours of sleep may be enough.