Narcotic drug detoxification is an important and required stage of treatment of drug addicted patients, as it ensures cleansing of the body of toxins, elimination of withdrawal symptoms, elimination and neutralization of the degradation products of psychoactive substances.
Detoxification is urgent in drug intoxication
Narcotic substances cause severe poisoning and their overdose can bring the human body to borderline; thus, detoxification is needed urgently.
Please take urgent steps in case you notice any of the following signs:
- loss of consciousness;
- lack of response to external stimuli;
- respiratory arrest.
In addition to acute conditions, detoxification is also required in withdrawal symptoms (‘cold turkey’), cessation of a substance dependence.
Purposes and duration of drug detoxification
Detoxification is aimed at overcoming the physiological dependence on drugs of any origin.
Purposes of detoxification:
- cleansing of the body of psychoactive substances and their derivatives;
- elimination of withdrawal symptoms;
- restoration of the functions of drug-affected organs and systems;
- recovery and normalization of metabolic and immune systems.
Appropriate detoxification accelerates and facilitates the main stage of drug addiction treatment, helps to quickly achieve positive results in the psychotherapeutic treatment.
The duration of drug detoxification depends on:
- the type of drugs;
- length and method of use;
- the degree of addiction;
- age, gender;
- general state at admission.
Drug detoxification methods
Before the detoxification, our patients undergo laboratory tests to determine the type of drugs, the state of internal organs, the degree of dependence and the body’s susceptibility to medications. These data determine the method of drug detoxification.
Our doctors ensure comfortable, painless, effective, and high-level drug detoxification.
Methods we apply:
- Integrated detoxification (treatment with the use of antispasmodic, sedative, anticonvulsant, analgesic, and psychotropic medications) cleanses the body and strengthens it with vitamins, restorative complexes, and hepatoprotectors;
- Medically (pharmacologically) induced coma (a safe method of prolonged action during which all treatment measures take place under the supervision of the clinic’s specialists) frees the patient from feeling withdrawal and other unpleasant conditions.
- Ultrarapid opioid detoxification (UROD) / (provided in the intensive care unit under anesthesia for 1-3 days) – opiate receptor blockers (naloxone, naltrexone) are administered into the body under the supervision of an anesthesiologist.
Optional measures upon recommendations:
- hardware blood filtration (plasmapheresis);
- metabolic therapy;
- sedative therapy.
Detoxification from opiate drugs is provided in compliance with international protocols using expert equipment.
After drug detoxification, the patient undergoes a course of sessions with a psychotherapist-narcologist, who motivates to continue treatment until complete recovery. Such support, as well as family psychotherapy is provided during the entire course of treatment.
Our clinic provides drug detoxification and treatment on a voluntary and inpatient basis only, which guarantees a total control over the patient’s condition and success of the recovery.
Detoxification has the following contraindications:
- epilepsy, stroke;
- pathologies and diseases of the heart, kidneys, liver;
- mental disorders;
- special recommendations and supervision for children/adolescents.
Please note that a skilled narcologist adjusts all therapy and restrictions under constant monitoring of the patient’s condition (tests, ECG, ultrasound).
Our 4+★ accommodations facilitate a speedy detoxification and a complete recovery from drugs:
- Comfortable rooms: 1-3-bed rooms, VIP, Lux.
- Full board or dietary menu.
- Strict confidentiality.
- Physiotherapy, massages.
- 24-hour security and video surveillance.
- Massage, physiotherapy.
- Lounge zone for relaxation and communication, Wi-Fi, cable TV.
The cost of drug detoxification, further treatment and recovery is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list. Treatment regimen and state at admission also affect the total cost.
Easily make an appointment:
- fill in the form on our website at https://medicomente.com/kontakty/ or
- by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by phone +38-095 -550-85-25
If necessary, we provide transfer from Kyiv airports and train stations.
Let’s solve your problem together
because you and your health are unique!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Coding for alcohol abuse (alcohol abuse treatment) in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Coding for alcohol addiction is now the most common method that is used to consolidate a stable result of inpatient treatment, and as an independent method to treat those who actively abuse alcohol. Thanks to the use of modern drugs and methods of their administration, it is one of the…
Methadone addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
People falsely consider methadone as a substitute or as a medicine that can relieve or solve the problem of hard drug addiction. Do not forget that even its short-term use leads to a more severe addiction.
Alcohol abuse prevention in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Prevention of alcohol abuse, like any other chronic condition, is important and necessary. Preventive objectives are aimed at reducing the factors leading to alcohol use, early detecting addiction and creating a favorable social environment for the recovering patient.
Elimination of withdrawal symptoms at MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The use of narcotic substances causes intoxication and the strongest physical addiction, while their discontinuation, in turn, leads to a painful condition, called ‘withdrawal’. Our specialists will help you to end this deadlock.