Prevention of alcohol abuse, like any other chronic condition, is important and necessary. Preventive objectives are aimed at reducing the factors leading to alcohol use, early detecting addiction and creating a favorable social environment for the recovering patient.
Why is it important?
Being a severe mental chronic illness (a type of drug addiction), it is characterized by an addiction to alcoholic beverages; its prevention calls for special attention, requires high-level qualifications of the clinic and medical staff.
There are many factors leading to this disease:
- Health problems;
- Social environment;
- Depressive disorders;
- Accessibility of alcohol.
The disease affects all age, gender and social groups, hence its prevention is aimed at considering and correcting the causes of addiction.
Aims of alcohol abuse prevention
Alcohol abuse prevention is aimed at preventing the formation of a person’s addiction to alcoholic beverages, preserve life and health, help in treatment and at the rehabilitation stage of getting rid of alcoholism.
Types of alcohol abuse prevention
Alcohol abuse prevention is classified as follows:
- Primary – preventive – involves prevention of interest in and cravings for alcohol (develops a psychologically negative attitude towards the use of alcoholic beverages and any other psychoactive substances). Especially targeted at children, adolescents, and youth.
- Secondary – therapeutic – involves identification and treatment of people with alcohol addiction at all stages. Targeted at the patient, his/her family and the immediate environment.
- Tertiary – rehabilitation – involves prevention of relapses, the formation of a favorable environment for the recovery phase of therapy. Targeted at convalescent patients.
Methods of alcohol abuse prevention
Methods used are as follows:
- Formation of a new attitude towards the way of life and a positive attitude towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Motivation for social contact and mutual assistance in the family, at work, at school.
- Formation of behavioral tactics and development of stress-resistant mental, personal, and physical resources.
- Formation of skills in counteracting alcohol abuse, education about the effect of alcohol on the body of a child, teenager, and woman.
- Promotion for the conscious rejection of alcoholic beverages.
- Building of a platform for development and interests: sports, hobbies, travel, work, handicrafts.
Our highly-skilled psychotherapists deal with the prevention of alcoholism.
If you need to persuade a loved one to visit MedicoMente, we will give you detailed instructions and stick to you in trouble.
Our clinic provides treatment on a voluntary basis only!!!
In-patient treatment of alcohol abuse includes the following stages
If there is already a need for the treatment rather than primary prevention of alcohol abuse, specialists of MedicoMente will promptly deal with it.
Treatment of alcohol abuse starts with a free initial visit. A psychotherapist-narcologist assist the patient from the first visit until the end of the therapy.
The patient undergoes a mandatory comprehensive physical examination, laboratory tests, alcohol tests, ultrasound examination, ECG, examinations by a therapist and other specialists (if necessary).
The doctor plans a detailed treatment and rehabilitation program:
- aversive therapy;
- ibogaine therapy (optional);
- adjunctive therapy (optional);
- implant (optional).
MedicoMente provides supportive therapy throughout the year (outpatient stage) in the form of consultations and follow-ups, even after complete recovery from alcohol addiction.
Our clinic provides treatment in-patient and only, which guarantees control of recovery. Our clinic offers the most comfortable accommodations (4★+ star hotel):
- spacious 1, 2 and 3-bed rooms of hotel comfort level.
- Individual full board, and if necessary – dietary menu, as per doctor’s recommendations.
- 24-hour security and surveillance.
- Gym, physiotherapy.
- Lounge for relaxation and communication, cable TV, Wi-Fi.
- Recreation with the use of expert-class hardware equipment.
The cost of services at MedicoMente (Kyiv) is calculated for each patient individually, according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission. Bundled services are available.
Make an appointment:
- by phone+380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- fill in the form https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
Narcologist consultations in Kyiv, at:
08340, Ukraine, Kyiv region, Boryspil district, Hnedynska village council, Kalyna horticultural society, Medovaia Str., 10
Alcohol abuse prevention is a sure step towards a healthy person and the whole nation!
Let’s make it together!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ibogaine therapy for drug addiction in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Ibogaine therapy is recognized as an effective alternative treatment for drug addiction. An alkaloid isolated from the bark of the iboga root acts on serotonin and opioid receptors, reduces their sensitivity and blocks the onset of euphoria. The psychedelic effect of the drug allows the addict to realize his/her problem,…
Implants for drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Drug addiction is one of the major and still aggravating problems. Drugs affect both physical and mental health, which leads to personality degradation and physical disability. One of the most effective solutions to this problem is drug implants, which are used as part of a combination therapy of drug addiction…
Psychostimulant addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The fast pace of modern life, stress and general dissatisfaction push people to search for various stimulants. Some are addicted to smoking blends, others drink heavily, and still others choose psychostimulants. This does not bring the expected result but even more drags the person into the whirlpool of problems.
Antidepressant addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Antidepressants are psychotropic medications that normalize the functioning of the mental and nervous systems. They act on neurotransmitters, reduce the severity of depressive symptoms, and improve cognitive skills. Some of them have pronounced analgesic effects.