Such a seemingly harmless word has many pseudonyms and false opinions. And yes, there are no soft drugs. Anything that distorts consciousness and affects the human brain is a disaster with unpredictable consequences.
What is weed?
Weed (Cannabis Sativa, Hashish, Marijuana) is a narcotic substance – tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinol (a group of cannabinoids), obtained from the marijuana leaves and buds.
Cannabinoids accumulate most in brain tissues, where they cause impaired coordination of movement, affect memory and consciousness, increase the feeling of euphoria, sharpen the senses, and distort the perception of color and sound. The deceitfulness of these intense sensations and the thirst to experience them again becomes a problem in the treatment of addiction to “smoking weed”.
Affordability and accessibility make this drug popular among young people, and its effect gives false desires: the opportunity to assert oneself, experience unusual sensations.
How to quit smoking weed?
Quitting weed begins with recognition of the problem. The desire to quit smoking, supported by the help of clinic specialists (narcologists, psychotherapists) will give a confident result. The main thing is not to postpone the first appointment with a narcologist, which will be a good motivational stimulus.
Signs of smoking weed
At the initial stage, the signs of smoking weed are not obvious enough and are similar to alcohol intoxication. Here are some of them:
- changes in behavior: mental imbalance, anxiety, unreasonable excitement, distorted perception of time, unreasonable fits of laughter, insomnia;
- physical changes: the smell of burnt weed from the body and breath, bloodshot eyes, dry mouth, irregular appetite, hyperhidrosis, high blood pressure, blackouts, hallucinations, impaired coordination of movement, increased fatigue, daytime sleepiness;
- social changes: change of social environment, dubious friends, family and professional conflicts, problems at school/university;
- criminal changes: loss of valuables, debts, loans, property and car theft.
In case of any suspicions, do not hesitate to contact a narcologist. Our specialists will help you to diagnose the true condition, dispel your concerns or facilitate treatment and help the patient.
Narcotic substances enter with blood every organ and cell of a person, causing disturbances and complications.
The effect and some consequences of smoking weed:
- brain – disorders of speech, memory, consciousness, dying off of brain cells;
- cardiovascular system – high blood pressure, changes in the structure of vessels and the heart muscle;
- respiratory organs – chronic diseases of the bronchi and lungs, cancer of the oral cavity and larynx with metastases into the lungs;
- psyche – panic attacks, addiction, hallucinations, psychosis, delirium, schizophrenia, dementia;
- reproductive system – hormonal disorders, infertility.
The consequences of smoking weed are dangerous not only by direct complications on the body but also by growing psychological dependence. The elusive state of “high” and “euphoria”, the fear of not experiencing it again forces us to increase the dose and choose heavier drugs.
Marijuana addiction treatment at Medicomente
Our clinic offers successful treatment for smoking weed in Ukraine. The addiction psychotherapists of our clinic effectively cope with this task, using licensed original techniques, international guidelines, and an individualized approach.
- aversive therapy;
- ibogaine therapy;
- additional therapy (optional).
Specialists of Medicomente draw up an individual addiction treatment program, considering the way of using the drug.
Therapy is provided in-patient, which guarantees control of recovery.
Our practitioners accompany the patient from the first consultation to a sustainable result and support after inpatient treatment.
Help is provided in the most comfortable conditions (4+＊hotel).
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
See our full price list of the clinic’s services at https://medicomente.com/price-page/.
Make an appointment:
- by phone+380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- fill in the form https://medicomente.com/contacts/
Narcologist consultations in Kyiv, at: https://goo.gl/maps/P43nf3pTq55z9d3c6
08340, Ukraine, Kyiv region, Boryspil district, Hnedynska village council, Kalyna horticultural society, Medovaia Str., 10.
We support you with a focus on the result!
Don’t stay alone with your problem! Contact us!
Together we will win!
Patient reviews on drug addiction treatment
Inpatient alcohol addiction treatment
Alcoholism (uncontrollable addiction to alcohol-containing drinks), like any addiction, is most effectively treated in a hospital. Narcologists of MedicoMente, using the knowledge of modern techniques, diagnostics, and round-the-clock monitoring, can provide real and stable results in a hospital setting.
Treatment of beer alcoholism
The history of drinking beer has long and tangled roots. The low alcohol content of beer gives an imaginary sense of security, and obtrusive advertising, price, and culture of drinking this drink (meetings over a bottle of “beer”, picnics, watching TV programs) aggravate the problem, driving a person to beer…
Getting out of the binge
A person with alcohol addiction can often lose control over alcohol drinking, which can lead to a state of binge drinking (systematic daily drinking of high doses of alcohol). Severe intoxication with ethyl alcohol poses a serious threat to human life and health.
Female alcohol addiction treatment
Female alcohol addiction is a problem known to all countries, social groups, and nationalities. It’s not just the external factors, but also the peculiarities of the influence of alcohol on the female body.