Such a seemingly harmless word has many pseudonyms and false opinions. And yes, there are no soft drugs. Anything that distorts consciousness and affects the human brain is a disaster with unpredictable consequences.
What is weed?
Weed (Cannabis Sativa, Hashish, Marijuana) is a narcotic substance – tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinol (a group of cannabinoids), obtained from the marijuana leaves and buds.
Cannabinoids accumulate most in brain tissues, where they cause impaired coordination of movement, affect memory and consciousness, increase the feeling of euphoria, sharpen the senses, and distort the perception of color and sound. The deceitfulness of these intense sensations and the thirst to experience them again becomes a problem in the treatment of addiction to “smoking weed”.
Affordability and accessibility make this drug popular among young people, and its effect gives false desires: the opportunity to assert oneself, experience unusual sensations.
How to quit smoking weed?
Quitting weed begins with recognition of the problem. The desire to quit smoking, supported by the help of clinic specialists (narcologists, psychotherapists) will give a confident result. The main thing is not to postpone the first appointment with a narcologist, which will be a good motivational stimulus.
Signs of smoking weed
At the initial stage, the signs of smoking weed are not obvious enough and are similar to alcohol intoxication. Here are some of them:
- changes in behavior: mental imbalance, anxiety, unreasonable excitement, distorted perception of time, unreasonable fits of laughter, insomnia;
- physical changes: the smell of burnt weed from the body and breath, bloodshot eyes, dry mouth, irregular appetite, hyperhidrosis, high blood pressure, blackouts, hallucinations, impaired coordination of movement, increased fatigue, daytime sleepiness;
- social changes: change of social environment, dubious friends, family and professional conflicts, problems at school/university;
- criminal changes: loss of valuables, debts, loans, property and car theft.
In case of any suspicions, do not hesitate to contact a narcologist. Our specialists will help you to diagnose the true condition, dispel your concerns or facilitate treatment and help the patient.
Narcotic substances enter with blood every organ and cell of a person, causing disturbances and complications.
The effect and some consequences of smoking weed:
- brain – disorders of speech, memory, consciousness, dying off of brain cells;
- cardiovascular system – high blood pressure, changes in the structure of vessels and the heart muscle;
- respiratory organs – chronic diseases of the bronchi and lungs, cancer of the oral cavity and larynx with metastases into the lungs;
- psyche – panic attacks, addiction, hallucinations, psychosis, delirium, schizophrenia, dementia;
- reproductive system – hormonal disorders, infertility.
The consequences of smoking weed are dangerous not only by direct complications on the body but also by growing psychological dependence. The elusive state of “high” and “euphoria”, the fear of not experiencing it again forces us to increase the dose and choose heavier drugs.
Marijuana addiction treatment at Medicomente
Our clinic offers successful treatment for smoking weed in Ukraine. The addiction psychotherapists of our clinic effectively cope with this task, using licensed original techniques, international guidelines, and an individualized approach.
- aversive therapy;
- ibogaine therapy;
- additional therapy (optional).
Specialists of Medicomente draw up an individual addiction treatment program, considering the way of using the drug.
Therapy is provided in-patient, which guarantees control of recovery.
Our practitioners accompany the patient from the first consultation to a sustainable result and support after inpatient treatment.
Help is provided in the most comfortable conditions (4+＊hotel).
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
See our full price list of the clinic’s services at https://medicomente.com/price-page/.
Make an appointment:
- by phone+380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- fill in the form https://medicomente.com/contacts/
Narcologist consultations in Kyiv, at: https://goo.gl/maps/P43nf3pTq55z9d3c6
08340, Ukraine, Kyiv region, Boryspil district, Hnedynska village council, Kalyna horticultural society, Medovaia Str., 10.
We support you with a focus on the result!
Don’t stay alone with your problem! Contact us!
Together we will win!
Patient reviews on drug addiction treatment
Coding for alcohol abuse (alcohol abuse treatment) in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Coding for alcohol addiction is now the most common method that is used to consolidate a stable result of inpatient treatment, and as an independent method to treat those who actively abuse alcohol. Thanks to the use of modern drugs and methods of their administration, it is one of the…
Methadone addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
People falsely consider methadone as a substitute or as a medicine that can relieve or solve the problem of hard drug addiction. Do not forget that even its short-term use leads to a more severe addiction.
Alcohol abuse prevention in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Prevention of alcohol abuse, like any other chronic condition, is important and necessary. Preventive objectives are aimed at reducing the factors leading to alcohol use, early detecting addiction and creating a favorable social environment for the recovering patient.
Elimination of withdrawal symptoms at MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The use of narcotic substances causes intoxication and the strongest physical addiction, while their discontinuation, in turn, leads to a painful condition, called ‘withdrawal’. Our specialists will help you to end this deadlock.