Such a seemingly harmless word has many pseudonyms and false opinions. And yes, there are no soft drugs. Anything that distorts consciousness and affects the human brain is a disaster with unpredictable consequences.
What is weed?
Weed (Cannabis Sativa, Hashish, Marijuana) is a narcotic substance – tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabinol (a group of cannabinoids), obtained from the marijuana leaves and buds.
Cannabinoids accumulate most in brain tissues, where they cause impaired coordination of movement, affect memory and consciousness, increase the feeling of euphoria, sharpen the senses, and distort the perception of color and sound. The deceitfulness of these intense sensations and the thirst to experience them again becomes a problem in the treatment of addiction to “smoking weed”.
Affordability and accessibility make this drug popular among young people, and its effect gives false desires: the opportunity to assert oneself, experience unusual sensations.
How to quit smoking weed?
Quitting weed begins with recognition of the problem. The desire to quit smoking, supported by the help of clinic specialists (narcologists, psychotherapists) will give a confident result. The main thing is not to postpone the first appointment with a narcologist, which will be a good motivational stimulus.
Signs of smoking weed
At the initial stage, the signs of smoking weed are not obvious enough and are similar to alcohol intoxication. Here are some of them:
- changes in behavior: mental imbalance, anxiety, unreasonable excitement, distorted perception of time, unreasonable fits of laughter, insomnia;
- physical changes: the smell of burnt weed from the body and breath, bloodshot eyes, dry mouth, irregular appetite, hyperhidrosis, high blood pressure, blackouts, hallucinations, impaired coordination of movement, increased fatigue, daytime sleepiness;
- social changes: change of social environment, dubious friends, family and professional conflicts, problems at school/university;
- criminal changes: loss of valuables, debts, loans, property and car theft.
In case of any suspicions, do not hesitate to contact a narcologist. Our specialists will help you to diagnose the true condition, dispel your concerns or facilitate treatment and help the patient.
Narcotic substances enter with blood every organ and cell of a person, causing disturbances and complications.
The effect and some consequences of smoking weed:
- brain – disorders of speech, memory, consciousness, dying off of brain cells;
- cardiovascular system – high blood pressure, changes in the structure of vessels and the heart muscle;
- respiratory organs – chronic diseases of the bronchi and lungs, cancer of the oral cavity and larynx with metastases into the lungs;
- psyche – panic attacks, addiction, hallucinations, psychosis, delirium, schizophrenia, dementia;
- reproductive system – hormonal disorders, infertility.
The consequences of smoking weed are dangerous not only by direct complications on the body but also by growing psychological dependence. The elusive state of “high” and “euphoria”, the fear of not experiencing it again forces us to increase the dose and choose heavier drugs.
Marijuana addiction treatment at Medicomente
Our clinic offers successful treatment for smoking weed in Ukraine. The addiction psychotherapists of our clinic effectively cope with this task, using licensed original techniques, international guidelines, and an individualized approach.
- aversive therapy;
- ibogaine therapy;
- additional therapy (optional).
Specialists of Medicomente draw up an individual addiction treatment program, considering the way of using the drug.
Therapy is provided in-patient, which guarantees control of recovery.
Our practitioners accompany the patient from the first consultation to a sustainable result and support after inpatient treatment.
Help is provided in the most comfortable conditions (4+＊hotel).
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
See our full price list of the clinic’s services at https://medicomente.com/price-page/.
Make an appointment:
- by phone+380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email email@example.com or
- fill in the form https://medicomente.com/contacts/
Narcologist consultations in Kyiv, at: https://goo.gl/maps/P43nf3pTq55z9d3c6
08340, Ukraine, Kyiv region, Boryspil district, Hnedynska village council, Kalyna horticultural society, Medovaia Str., 10.
We support you with a focus on the result!
Don’t stay alone with your problem! Contact us!
Together we will win!
Patient reviews on drug addiction treatment
Ketamine-assisted therapy in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Recently, doctors have successfully used Ketamine, an anesthetic with a pronounced analgesic effect, which has worked well in the treatment of mentally unstable conditions.
Drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The problem of drug addiction is growing more urgent every year in the world. The number of drug addicts is constantly increasing, so is the choice of drugs. Drug addiction is a dangerous medical and social problem that can lead to the most dire consequences. The disease can proceed in…
Treatment of alcohol abuse with coding
Coding for alcoholism means the use of various procedures and techniques that have an effect on the central nervous system of a person, under the influence of which the patient considers any kind of alcohol as poison, and thus develops an attitude towards a sober lifestyle.
A holistic approach as the most effective treatment for sleep disorders
Sleep disorder is a general term that includes problems falling asleep, interrupted sleep, and getting up early. Insomnia is considered a disease when its symptoms cause significant discomfort to the general condition of a person since for some people even three hours of sleep may be enough.