Intoxication with alcohol and/or its substitutes can seriously damage a person’s health, and even cause death. The timely professional assistance of MedicoMente (Kyiv) will help to quickly eliminate alcohol intoxication (toxic-dysmetabolic syndrome) and prevent complications for the human body.
Causes of alcohol intoxication
A number of factors can cause alcohol intoxication:
- Chronic alcoholism;
- Irregular or first use of alcohol;
- Adolescent/child alcoholism.
Alcohol withdrawal (intoxication) degrees and forms
Alcohol intoxication has the following degrees of severity:
- Mild (blood alcohol content – 0.5 to 1.5 ppm) – mental disorders.
- Moderate (blood alcohol content – 1.5 to 2.5 ppm) – neurological and mental disorders.
- Severe (blood alcohol content – 2.5 to 5 ppm or more) – damage to the central nervous system, internal organs and systems, leading to the death.
The course of intoxication can be:
- Acute (a large single dose of alcohol);
- Chronic (constant (systematic) alcohol use).
Symptoms and consequences of alcohol intoxication
All degrees of alcohol intoxication require observation but severe alcohol intoxication requires urgent medical aid of a narcologist and intensivist,specialists of MedicoMente (Kyiv).
The following symptoms require qualified medical aid:
- Loss of consciousness;
- Apnea/ respiratory arrest;
- Cardiac disorders;
- Pale skin.
Treatment of withdrawal symptoms (intoxication) at MedicoMente (Kyiv)
Alcohol intoxication requires urgent qualified medical aid.
Our clinic provides:
- emergency treatments (withdrawal from heavy drinking) in the intensive care unit under round-the-clock medical supervision and with the strictest confidentiality,
- detoxification from toxins and alcohol decomposition products using original licensed methods,
- elimination of symptoms of alcohol intoxication,
- recovery and rehabilitation with the use of expert-class hardware equipment.
After the elimination of acute condition, the patient is offered a consultation with a narcologist, who will help to identify the causes and presence of alcohol addiction. The patient is assisted from the first visit until the end of the therapy. Family therapy sessions are provided, if necessary.
The patient undergoes a mandatory comprehensive physical examination, laboratory tests, alcohol tests, ultrasound examination, ECG, examinations by a therapist and other specialists (if necessary).
The doctor makes a detailed plan of treatment and further rehabilitation.
In-patient treatment of alcohol abuse includes the following stages:
- adjunctive therapy (optional).
Age- and stage-appropriate treatment.
Our clinic provides treatment in-patient and on a voluntary basis only, which guarantees control of recovery.
Prevention of alcohol intoxication
Alcohol use prevention is an important step towards a sober, full and healthy life. Narcologists-psychotherapists of MedicoMente (Kyiv) advise patients in detail on this issue. Here are some recommendations:
- A categorical refusal of any alcoholic beverages for any, even the most important occasion.
- Change of social environment for those who stay and help you to stay sober.
- Refocusing on healthy interests: sports, healthy hobbies, travel, work.
The clinic offers the most comfortable accommodation (4+＊hotel):
- 1-3-bed, luxury and VIP rooms.
- full board, and if necessary – dietary nutrition.
- 24-hour security and surveillance.
- strict confidentiality.
- massage, physiotherapy.
- lounge zone for relaxation and communication.
- sport and fitness gym.
- cable TV, Wi-Fi.
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
Make an appointment:
- by phone +380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- fill in the form at https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
Visit us in Kyiv, at:
Alcohol intoxication requires a delicate approach and treatment.
Our skilled professionals are offering you immediate support. Contact us!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Benzodiazepine addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Benzodiazepines are one of the most commonly prescribed drugs with sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and anxiolytic effects. They reduce the activity of neurons by a pronounced sedative effect.
Drug addiction treatment in Kharkiv or how MedicoMente helps patients from Kharkiv!
For several years now, patients from Kyiv, as well as from Kharkiv and other cities of Ukraine have been trusting us with their treatment and we help them to successfully cope with drug addiction.
Opioid addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Opiates have been known to mankind for a long time. They are used as sedatives and anesthetics. But, due to complications and rapid addiction, this group of drugs has been classified as hard drugs, and their use in medicine is under strict indications and control. Our center successfully and promptly…
Coding for alcohol abuse (alcohol abuse treatment) in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Coding for alcohol addiction is now the most common method that is used to consolidate a stable result of inpatient treatment, and as an independent method to treat those who actively abuse alcohol. Thanks to the use of modern drugs and methods of their administration, it is one of the…