Intoxication with alcohol and/or its substitutes can seriously damage a person’s health, and even cause death. The timely professional assistance of MedicoMente (Kyiv) will help to quickly eliminate alcohol intoxication (toxic-dysmetabolic syndrome) and prevent complications for the human body.
Causes of alcohol intoxication
A number of factors can cause alcohol intoxication:
- Chronic alcoholism;
- Irregular or first use of alcohol;
- Adolescent/child alcoholism.
Alcohol withdrawal (intoxication) degrees and forms
Alcohol intoxication has the following degrees of severity:
- Mild (blood alcohol content – 0.5 to 1.5 ppm) – mental disorders.
- Moderate (blood alcohol content – 1.5 to 2.5 ppm) – neurological and mental disorders.
- Severe (blood alcohol content – 2.5 to 5 ppm or more) – damage to the central nervous system, internal organs and systems, leading to the death.
The course of intoxication can be:
- Acute (a large single dose of alcohol);
- Chronic (constant (systematic) alcohol use).
Symptoms and consequences of alcohol intoxication
All degrees of alcohol intoxication require observation but severe alcohol intoxication requires urgent medical aid of a narcologist and intensivist,specialists of MedicoMente (Kyiv).
The following symptoms require qualified medical aid:
- Loss of consciousness;
- Apnea/ respiratory arrest;
- Cardiac disorders;
- Pale skin.
Treatment of withdrawal symptoms (intoxication) at MedicoMente (Kyiv)
Alcohol intoxication requires urgent qualified medical aid.
Our clinic provides:
- emergency treatments (withdrawal from heavy drinking) in the intensive care unit under round-the-clock medical supervision and with the strictest confidentiality,
- detoxification from toxins and alcohol decomposition products using original licensed methods,
- elimination of symptoms of alcohol intoxication,
- recovery and rehabilitation with the use of expert-class hardware equipment.
After the elimination of acute condition, the patient is offered a consultation with a narcologist, who will help to identify the causes and presence of alcohol addiction. The patient is assisted from the first visit until the end of the therapy. Family therapy sessions are provided, if necessary.
The patient undergoes a mandatory comprehensive physical examination, laboratory tests, alcohol tests, ultrasound examination, ECG, examinations by a therapist and other specialists (if necessary).
The doctor makes a detailed plan of treatment and further rehabilitation.
In-patient treatment of alcohol abuse includes the following stages:
- adjunctive therapy (optional).
Age- and stage-appropriate treatment.
Our clinic provides treatment in-patient and on a voluntary basis only, which guarantees control of recovery.
Prevention of alcohol intoxication
Alcohol use prevention is an important step towards a sober, full and healthy life. Narcologists-psychotherapists of MedicoMente (Kyiv) advise patients in detail on this issue. Here are some recommendations:
- A categorical refusal of any alcoholic beverages for any, even the most important occasion.
- Change of social environment for those who stay and help you to stay sober.
- Refocusing on healthy interests: sports, healthy hobbies, travel, work.
The clinic offers the most comfortable accommodation (4+＊hotel):
- 1-3-bed, luxury and VIP rooms.
- full board, and if necessary – dietary nutrition.
- 24-hour security and surveillance.
- strict confidentiality.
- massage, physiotherapy.
- lounge zone for relaxation and communication.
- sport and fitness gym.
- cable TV, Wi-Fi.
The cost of services is calculated for each patient individually according to the clinic’s price list, treatment regimen, and state at admission.
Make an appointment:
- by phone +380 (95) 550 8525 or
- by email email@example.com or
- fill in the form at https://medicomente.com/kontakty/
Visit us in Kyiv, at:
Alcohol intoxication requires a delicate approach and treatment.
Our skilled professionals are offering you immediate support. Contact us!
Patient reviews on addiction treatment
Ketamine-assisted therapy in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
Recently, doctors have successfully used Ketamine, an anesthetic with a pronounced analgesic effect, which has worked well in the treatment of mentally unstable conditions.
Drug addiction treatment in the clinic MedicoMente – Kiev, Ukraine
The problem of drug addiction is growing more urgent every year in the world. The number of drug addicts is constantly increasing, so is the choice of drugs. Drug addiction is a dangerous medical and social problem that can lead to the most dire consequences. The disease can proceed in…
Treatment of alcohol abuse with coding
Coding for alcoholism means the use of various procedures and techniques that have an effect on the central nervous system of a person, under the influence of which the patient considers any kind of alcohol as poison, and thus develops an attitude towards a sober lifestyle.
A holistic approach as the most effective treatment for sleep disorders
Sleep disorder is a general term that includes problems falling asleep, interrupted sleep, and getting up early. Insomnia is considered a disease when its symptoms cause significant discomfort to the general condition of a person since for some people even three hours of sleep may be enough.